E-commerce & Clothing Manufacturer w/Real Estate
Asking Price: $1,300,000
Cash Flow: $279,997
Gross Revenue: $1,362,723
This company is a diversified manufacturer of apparel, comprised of three distinct business lines: (1) two company-owned brands, sold directly to consumers through eCommerce sites or on a wholesale basis, (2) a white label custom manufacturing division, and (3) a new but promising contract cutting and sewing business. The company’s brand is over 100 years old and is the largest and most respected line of high-quality women’s dance, stage, and costume apparel in America. The brand is particularly well-known in the Vintage/Pinup/Rockabilly niche, with over 10,000 Instagram followers and thousands of ‘likes’ on Facebook. Assets • All website domains, address, and content • All customer lists • All social media accounts • All contracts with customers and suppliers • Real estate with manufacturing facility • All manufacturing equipment • Inventory Customers • 18–44 year old women who like Rockabilly/Vintage/Pinup apparel • Halloween customers seeking costume accessories • Dance consumers, dance teachers, and professional customers who are looking for durable garments for stage and screen, and occasionally for rental costume businesses Employees The company employs 15 to 20 full and part-time sewers and cutters. Their long-time HR Manager and Bookkeeper has been with the company for 26 years. Other key personnel include a General Manager and Floor Manager.
- Not included in asking price
- Real Estate:
- Included in asking price
- Building SF:
- Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E):
- Included in asking price
- Built in 1966, the manufacturing facility occupies a 32,585 square foot light industrial/warehouse building on 2.55 acres. The building has 2,890 square feet of office space.
- Growth & Expansion:
- To reach a larger target audience and create new customers, owners can carefully rethink their product lineup and mix and then take action to improve the eCommerce site. In addition, little effort has been made to grow the B2B (contract) side of their business. A new owner can grow this side of the business, as well. BellaSous is a mass-priced costume line specializing in tutus and petticoats. It has grown rapidly and with proper focus a new owner could easily expand the line into big box sales, which would substantially increase revenue. Potential in Contract Sewing The company launched its new contract sewing business about a year ago and now has three primary clients, all of whom want to greatly expand their business with the company. To ensure the quality and process, the company has deliberately limited its new contract sewing client acquisition, scale, and profitability. But due to the low-cost labor force and the historic focus on textile and apparel manufacturing in this region, the business is well positioned for significant growth. With adequate staffing and training, the company has the physical capacity to meet the huge unmet demand for contract sewing. Once this business matures, contract sewing has the potential to triple its current profits.
- Support & Training:
- The owner will remain with the buyer for a reasonable period to provide adequate training on all processes and operations and will transfer all relationships with their ecosystem partners, vendors, and key employees.
- Reason for Selling:
- The owner want to pursue his other business interests.