REDUCED PRICE! Retail Sporting Goods Store in Shelby County, TN
Shelby County, TN
Asking Price: $135,000
Cash Flow: $96,000
Gross Revenue: $458,000
Option to buy this one store, two stores or all six! Best in Class Specialty Retail Sporting Goods Stores (six stores) Specialty Sporting Goods Business with Six Great locations! 30 years in Business! This business has such a well known brand and reputation in the markets it serves that one would think it is a national franchise. But it is not! This is a family owned and operated business that grew from one store in the eighties to its seven store footprint in the neighboring states of Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia today. These owners, with their extensive retail and sporting goods knowledge, are willing to stay on for training and transition or possibly even on a longer term employment basis. This business is very scalable for duplication with additional locations or franchising and the upside potential for internet growth is huge. Founded in the eighties in TN, this business expanded to 7 stores in TN, Alabama and Georgia. Their success through the years has been by offering their customers a wide, full-line selection of specialty sporting goods. From the recreational level through the professional level they sell all major brands. They sell online, through their retail stores, to local teams and through a “mobile” operation that travels to sporting events in the Regions it serves. For information on the entire store, go to https://www.karenschorkopf.com/business-for-sale
- Not included in asking price
- Real Estate:
- Building SF:
- Lease Expiration:
- Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E):
- Included in asking price
- Terrific location centrally located for the sports it serves. Rent is $8,242/month. Lease out to 3/2020.
- There are other sporting good stores around but no real competition in this business’s specialty retail position. Some competition exists with catalog suppliers and the internet vendors, but generally speaking, products sold at this store require fitting, thereby necessitating a local retail presence. Additionally, top managers who can foster strong ties with the local communities will drive sales and cross sell opportunities and there remains a strong sense of “buying local” within these communities.
- Growth & Expansion:
- Expand Internet sales and boost SEO of websites. Cost efficiency for a strategic buyer. Expansion into other markets. Possibility of franchising the business.
- Support & Training:
- This is a family owned business.
- Reason for Selling:
- Retirement. Other interests.